- About the 2011 Summit
- 2011 Agenda
- 2011 Presentations
- Watch the 2011 Summit Broadcast
- Watch Bruce Katz Featured Speaker Presentation
- Other Past Summits
Statewide, leaders are working on an array of crucial issues to help Michigan in this economic recession. The 2011 year, the Michigan Land & Prosperity Summit focused on “Moving Michigan Forward: Partnerships, Places and Progress” and provided an opportunity for some of our leaders to share their strategies and expertise on a variety of topics including:
. . . Rethinking economic development strategies . . . promoting entrepreneurship and job creation . . . supporting regional economies . . . attracting and retaining young talent . . . ensuring accountable and efficient government . . . encouraging civic engagement . . . preserving natural assets . . . creating attractive and desirable communities . . .
How do these issues and approaches intersect? What are innovative, on-the-ground examples? What matters most? Is there a collective call to action? These questions and more were explored throughout this timely Summit amid the range of new and emerging public and private sector agendas/plans that are calling for ways to move the state forward and reinvent Michigan.
- "The Center for Michigan" by John Bebow
- "Gellocake" April by Lilian Chavira
- "LINC Community Revitalization, Inc." by Jorge Gonzalez
- "Civic Engagement: Working to make a difference in our communities" by Cece Grant
- "Importance of Place" by Laura Heintzelman
- "Delivering the Next Economy: From Macro Vision to Metro Action" by Bruce Katz
- "Let's Save Michigan" by Sean Mann
- "Community Legal Resources" by Dalton Roberson, Jr.
- "Talent Retention" by Nell Taylor
- "Place and Placemaking in the Global New Economy" by Mark Wyckoff